Men's UV Swimwear
"The rate of men dying from the deadliest form of skin cancer has doubled over the past three decades. Figures from Cancer Research UK show a steep increase in deaths from malignant melanoma, especially in elderly men. In the late 1970s fewer than 400 (1.5 per 100,000) men died from melanoma but that figure has now risen to over 1,100 (3.1 per 100,000). Yet the cancer is preventable if people avoid sunburn and deal with 'worrying' moles early, the charity said. "
- Most UV shirts provide UPF50+ ultra violet protection (the maximum rating for fabrics) which blocks at least 97.5% of the sun's ultraviolet radiation.
- UV protective rash guards are ideal for a wide range of water based activities including swimming, snorkelling, water skiing, surfing, sailing or fishing.
- A higher neck ensures sun protection for the vulnerable neck area.
When making your selection please bear in mind:
- UV rash shirts because they are designed as sports products to be skin tight and wrinkle free. For greater comfort, we recommend that you buy a size up from your normal clothing size.
- The UV swim shirts and UV tee shirts are made from the same fabric with the same sun protection qualities but are a looser fit, less figure hugging making them ideal for holiday use, both in and out of the water.